- find contact info and directions
- search the phone directory
- find my Area of Care (program/service)
- find Urgent Care info
- view career info
- view volunteer info
- provide feedback
- send an e-card
- attend an event
- share my story
- find accessibility services
- find language or translation services
- learn about hospital restructuring
- read Vim & Vigour and learn about health information
- learn about research and education
- get health records
- learn about St. Joseph's health professionals
- view annual reports and financial statements
- make a donation
- visit the intranet (staff only)
- check my webmail (staff only)
One-Stop Pituitary Clinic
The One-Stop Pituitary Clinic at St. Joseph’s Hospital was created by St. Joseph’s in collaboration with specialists across the city. The clinic’s purpose is to streamline care for patients with pituitary disease through convenient scheduling of appointments on a single day.
Pituitary disease can cause a wide range of disorders requiring testing, imaging and the care of various specialists – ophthalmologists, endocrinologists, neurosurgeons and ear nose and throat surgeons. Previously, care for patients required various medical visits scheduled on multiple days. With One-Stop Clinic’s central referral process, initial lab testing, endocrinology consult, visual field testing and neuro-ophthalmology consult are arranged on the same day.
In addition to the logistical improvements, the streamlining and centralization of referrals enhances patient education, facilitates follow-up visits, enhances teaching to residents and medical students, and improves understanding and care for patients with pituitary disease. Within the setting of an academic hospital, we are dedicated to teaching residents and medical students about pituitary disease, and to performing research studies that help advance the knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of pituitary disease.
Prior to arriving at the One-Stop Pituitary Clinic, patients receive an itinerary of their appointments – which may include London Health Sciences Centre - directions, as well as education about the pituitary and what they can expect during their visit.