- find contact info and directions
- search the phone directory
- find my Area of Care (program/service)
- find Urgent Care info
- view career info
- view volunteer info
- provide feedback
- send an e-card
- attend an event
- share my story
- find accessibility services
- find language or translation services
- learn about hospital restructuring
- read Vim & Vigour and learn about health information
- learn about research and education
- get health records
- learn about St. Joseph's health professionals
- view annual reports and financial statements
- make a donation
- visit the intranet (staff only)
- check my webmail (staff only)
Clinical Ethics Resources
Clinical Ethics at St. Joseph’s Health Care London
At St. Joseph's there is a full-time clinical ethicist on staff. A clinical ethicist is a person who has the education and training to help patients, families, Substitute Decision Makers, health care providers, or other involved parties address uncertainty or conflict regarding value-laden issues that emerge in health care. A clinical ethicist does not make decisions, but rather acts as a resource to the decision makers in any given situation. At each site, there is also a team of people knowledgeable about ethics and available to help as needed.
In striving for excellence in care, education and research, Clinical Ethics plays a critical, collaborative and facilitative role. Ethical practice requires us to listen openly, participate in respectful dialogue and work toward innovative solutions to ethical problems.
What Resources does Clinical Ethics offer?
- Assistance with the identification and discernment of ethical issues
- The provision of ethics consultation services
- Ethics education for teams, units and programs, as well as for the community we serve
- Help with development of policies which have ethical implications
- Assistance with ethical issues related to biomedical research with human subjects and research in clinical ethics
- Organizational Ethics resources
The plan for Clinical Ethics was developed within the context of the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph's Health Care London within which we serve with: Respect, Excellence and Compassion.