We have outlined here for you some links to useful web sites on amputee information and issues.
Medline Plus Health Information
- a "jumping off" point to a number of other amputee-related sites
Amputee Coalition of America
- one of the largest sites devoted to the person with an amputation, but some information is strictly American in nature
War Amps of Canada
- programs and services for the amputee and their family members
Canadian Diabetes Association
- information about diabetes and its management and complications.
Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You
The Canadian Association of Wound Care's web pages are easy for those with diabetes and health care providers to navigate. They contains steps to take for healthy feet,foot care professional contact information, questionnaires and a wealth of other invaluable information every person living with diabetes should know.
For a copy of the brochure called Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You call 416-485-2292 or e-mail email@example.com
Amputee Coalition of Canada
- source of content for amputees in Canada. Includes opportunity for peer support.
- regional resource for health care options
Ministry of Transportation of Ontario - medical review of drivers
- information about returing to driving
St. Joseph's Health Care London does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.