Attendance is free but registration is required by clicking on one of the presentations below. Light refreshments and snacks will be provided.
DocTalks is a joint initiative presented by St. Joseph's Health Care London and St. Joseph's Health Care Foundation.
2020 Line up
Dr. Tom Sheidow: Preventing Diabetic Blindness
- Dr. Thomas Sheidow is an ophthalmologist and surgeon at St. Joseph’s Ivey Eye Institute as well as an associate professor in the Department of Ophthalmology at Western University’s Schulich School of Medicine. He will discuss the risks of eye disease as well as prevention strategies and current treatment options for individuals living with Diabetes.
Dr. Viraj Mehta: The Connection Between Substance Abuse and Mental Health Issues
- Dr. Viraj Mehta is a psychiatrist and the site chief of St. Joseph’s Mental Health Care Program. He will explain why addictions are not separate from a mental illness but are most often a part of it, and share why it’s important to treat both the addiction and mental illness simultaneously.
Dr. Collin Clarke: The New era of Chronic Pain Management
- Dr. Collin Clarke is an anesthetist at St. Joseph’s Hospital and an associate professor in the Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Medicine at Western University’s Schulich School of Medicine. He will provide a historical overview of opioid prescription use and discuss established as well as emerging alterative medications and interventions for pain management, including the evolving field of cannabis.
September DocTalk - TBD
Dr. Kenneth Faber: When Shoulder Pain Won’t go Away
- Dr. Kenneth Faber is an orthopaedic surgeon at St. Joseph’s Roth|McFarlane Hand and Upper Limb Centre. He will discuss common causes of shoulder pain as well as various treatment options for injuries, including non-operative therapy and when surgery should be considered.
- Watch previous DocTalks on the St. Joseph's Health Care Foundation website.