Patients in our hand therapy clinic are seen by either an occupational therapist or physiotherapist. Each therapist is a registered member with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario or the College of Physical Therapists of Ontario.
Each therapy program is individualized and custom tailored to meet the specific needs of the patient. We provide:
- Advanced orthosis (splint) design and fabrication.
- These devices are used post-trauma for pain control and positioning. Also, they can be applied as a means to increase range of motion and function. Functional splints may be used to optimize a patient’s ability to manage activities of daily living.
- Thermal and electro-physical modalities
- Continuous passive motion device applications to the elbow, forearm, wrist, and hand
- Swelling control techniques
- Wound and scar management
- Myofascial release – soft tissue therapy
- Evaluation/assessment of range of pain, sensibility, strength, and function
- Pain management
- Work hardening
- Activities of daily living (ADL) re-training