Visiting elective residents and clinical fellows are required to complete all of the following requirements prior to receiving confirmation of hospital privileges for their electives with London hospitals:
- Hospital Appointment letter and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Health Review
- Online eLearning and in-class Electronic Health Record (EHR) training
- Canadian Medical Protective Agency (CMPA) coverage
Sign and return the Hospital Appointment letter you received in your hospital application package to Medical Affairs. Please indicate when you were last ACLS certified on the space provided on the Letter.
ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support):
Please indicate the date you last received ACLS certification where indicated on page 1 of the Appointment Letter. Please note that all PGY 1 and 2s are required to hold valid ACLS certification for the duration of their elective. Those PGY3 or greater are required to hold valid ACLS certification if they are completing electives in the following programs: Cardiology, Critical Care Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Internal Medicine, Anesthesia, OMFS, Psychiatry, Radiation Oncology, Respirology.
All electives must complete a health review IN FULL prior to being granted hospital privileges.
- Complete the health screen form and return, along with supporting documentation (such as proof of immunization), to Occupational Health as soon as possible.
- As part of the Health Review, you will be required to provide proof of TB testing received within the past 12 months. If you have had a positive TB skin test, you are also required to complete the Positive TB survey form
- Please ensure your N95 Respirator Fit-Testing certification is up to date, and that you have been fitted for one of the following mask types: 8210, 1860s and 1804 mask types
Please also ensure your Influenza Vaccination is current.
All visiting elective residents/clinical fellows are required to complete a number of eLearning modules. These have been put in place for your safety and are a requirement of your hospital privileges. The only learning which requires a username and password to complete is the Privacy learning, the link and login information can be found in the attachment to your Hospital Application Package email which will be send from Medical Affairs.
The remaining eLearning and Declaration can be found on the Learning Page.
Electronic Health Record (EHR) Training:
Due to COVID19 this training is done on a remote basis. Approximately 1 week prior to your start date you will receive an email containing a link to your course materials, login and password information. This training MUST be completed prior to starting your elective. If you have any questions regarding this training please contact email@example.com
Note: If you are completing a Emergency Medicine or FamMed/Emerge elective you will not be required to do the EHR training. (Emerge and FamMed/Emerge are to complete FirstNet Training).
Emergency Department FirstNet Training
- FirstNet (ED LaunchPoint) -To be completed prior to any Emergency Medicine rotations at any of the London or Region Hospitals (except South Huron Hospital Association or Listowel Wingham Hospital Alliance).
- FirstNet (Tracking Board)- To be completed prior to any Emergency Medicine rotations at South Huron Hospital Association or Listowel Wingham Hospital Alliance.
This training must be completed PRIOR to starting your elective
* Please note that Cerner systems cannot be accessed prior to receiving this training