What do you see?
Watch our Rethinking Mental Illness video below or on YouTube.
Facts about Mental Illness:
- Twenty percent of Canadians will personally experience a mental illness during their lifetime.
- Mental illnesses indirectly affect all Canadians through a family member, friend or colleague.
- Mental illnesses affect people of all ages, educational and income levels, and cultures.
- A complex interplay of genetic, biological, personality and environmental factors causes mental illnesses.
- Mental illnesses can be treated effectively.
Source: A Report on Mental Illnesses in Canada,
Public Health Agency of Canada
Mental Health Awareness
A three-part series relating to local mental health initiatives was featured on CTV London in conjunction with Bell Canada's "Lets Talk campaign:
- Residents of St. Joseph's Health Care London Steele Street group rehabilitation home are beginning to utilize technology as part of their recovery process
- The rehabilitation apartment helps ease the transition to a more independent style of living for patients
- Lawson Research Institute study focusing on homeless youth with addiction and mental health issues