- Impairments and disability that require in-patient rehabilitation admission
- Clear rehabilitation goals typically defined as improving mobility and functional independence
- Medical stability to allow participation in rehabilitation therapies
- Medical and cognitive/emotional ability to take part in rehabilitation therapies
- Motivation to actively participate in the program
- A clearly stated and agreed upon discharge destination
- All referrals received through our intake number are reviewed by our nurse clinician.
- Each patient referred to our program is assessed by our nurse clinician to determine the patient goals and eligibility for rehabilitation.
- The nurse clinician will consult with our attending physician following the intake assessment.
- If the Nurse Clinician and physician determine the patient is eligible for rehabilitation, the nurse clinician will work with the patient and their caregivers to arrange admission to the musculoskeletal unit.