- Principles to Guide the Relationship of London’s Hospitals
- Joint Collaboration and Integration Agreement
About the Relationship
London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care, London remain committed to partnership, collaboration and system integration for the people we serve across our community, our region and beyond. To do this, we use a variety of service models, including joint ventures, shared roles and functions, and integrated positions. At the heart of our approach is to strengthen the relationship between our organizations at all levels while continuing to support each hospital’s distinct missions and needs.
Since 1997, these relationships have been guided by a set of principles and they still stand today.
The Joint Collaboration and Integration Agreement was revised in the fall of 2010, and outlines how LHSC and St. Joseph’s will jointly govern and manage all existing and future voluntary arrangements and relationships between the two hospital corporations. It further solidifies how our Boards and CEOs will work together to ensure:
- the successful completion of the Health Services Restructuring Commission and Government directives as they pertain to London
- that hospital-based patient care needs of London/Middlesex and specialty hospital support to Southwestern Ontario are met
- that with our academic partners, London’s position as a leading centre for academic health sciences in partnership is maintained, and
- that with our health care partners, we continue to pursue opportunities to improve the health system