Visiting elective residents and clinical fellows are required to complete all of the following requirements prior to receiving confirmation of hospital privileges for their electives with London hospitals:
- Hospital Appointment letter and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Health Review
- Online eLearning and in class Electronic Health Record (EHR) training
- Canadian Medical Protective Agency (CMPA) coverage
Sign and return the Hospital Appointment letter you received in your hospital application package to Medical Affairs.
ACLS (Avanced Cardiac Life Support):
Please indicate the date you last received ACLS certification where indicated on page 1 of the Appointment Letter. Please note that all PGY 1 and 2s are required to hold valid ACLS certification for the duration of their elective. Those PGY3 or greater are required to hold valid ACLS certification if they are completing electives in the following programs: Cardiology, Critical Care Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, OMFS, Psychiatry, Radiation Oncology, Respirology.
All electives must complete a health review IN FULL prior to being granted hospital privileges.
- Complete the health screen form and return, along with supporting documentation (such as proof of immunization), to Occupational Health as soon as possible.
- As part of the Health Review, you will be required to provide proof of TB testing received within the past 12 months. If you have had a positive TB skin test, you are also required to complete the Positive TB survey form
- Please ensure your N95 Respirator Fit-Testing certification is up to date, and that you have been fitted for one of the following mask types: 1860s, 1870/9210, 8210
- Please also ensure your Influenza Vaccination is current.
All visiting elective residents/clinical fellows are required to complete a number of elearning modules. These have been put in place for your safety and are a requirement of your hospital privileges. The only learning which requires a username and password to complete is the Privacy learning, the link and login information can be found in the attachment to your Hospital Application Package email which will be send from Medical Affairs. The remaining eleraning can be found on the Learning Page.
Electronic Health Record (EHR) Training:
This in class training must be registered for PRIOR to your elective. Please register as soon as possible for the session that falls on the first day or closest to your first day of your elective.
* Please note that Cerner systems cannot be accessed prior to receiving this training.
** If you are in the following programs, the in class training is NOT required: Pathology, Medical Imaging, Emerg