Jan. 18, 2017
Million dollar payout - Brenda and John Held of London will be choosing between a prize home package worth $1.3 million or a cash option of $1 million after Brenda Held's number was drawn in the Dream Lottery.
John Held and Brenda Held face off in the miniature rink located in the basement of the Dream Lottery grand prize house built by Wastell Homes.
An October visit by T.V. stars Mike Holmes and his daughter Sherry to the Dream Lottery’s prize home created quite a buzz. The lottery - which supports London Health Sciences Centre, Children's Hospital at LHSC, and St. Joseph’s Health Care London - went on to sell 87 per cent of available tickets, pushing net proceeds from the lottery to almost $29 million since 1996. Read the rest of the story on St. Joseph's Health Care Foundaiton website.
- Personal stories energize London's Dream Lottery (Our London)
- Dream Lottery Winner Announced (Blackburn News)
- London woman wins Dream Home Lottery (CTV London)
- Local Londoners Win Top Prizes in Dream Lottery (AM980)
- Dream Home Lottery: John and Brenda Held, both retired, haven't decided whethere to take the house or the cash (Strathroy Age Dispatch)