Our clinic provides placements and residency opportunities for clinical psychology doctoral students from the University of Waterloo and Western University and for pre-doctoral residents. Our clinic is directly affiliated with Western University and provides various training opportunities through Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry.
St. Joseph’s OSI Clinic is committed to research in collaboration with the Western University, Veterans Affairs Canada and the national network of OSI clinics. The mandate of our research is to better understand the effects of operational stress and the benefits of treatment for veterans and military members experiencing operational stress injuries. Working alongside a number of local and international teams, we have published research on the treatment and progression of mental health diagnoses in current and former Canadian Forces (CF) members. We work in partnership with the Canadian Institute of Military and Veteran Health Research [CIMVHR].
Current research projects include:
- the relationship between combat experiences and clinical diagnoses;
- sleep and suicidal ideation;
- somatic symptoms and PTSD;
- profiles of co-occurring mental health conditions (comorbidity) and social support;
- and the neurobiology of PTSD.
- Western University
- McMaster University
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
- University of Toronto
- Ryerson University
- DND/DRDC (Defense Research & Development Canada)