Complex Continuing Care, Rehabilitation and Specialized Geriatric Services
Parkwood Institute does not have the medical support necessary to support patients with acute medical treatment needs and it is therefore very important that patients are medically stable before they are admitted. If this does not happen there is a risk the patient may have to return to acute care for additional treatment.
- A clear diagnosis and co-morbidities have been established.
- All abnormal lab values have been acknowledged and addressed as needed.
- All acute medical issues have been resolved and are not fluctuating.
- All consults and diagnostic tests for the purposes of diagnosis or treatment of acute conditions have been completed and reported or pending test results are not anticipated to dramatically change the treatment plan.
- Medical conditions are stable and can be managed within the scope of an RN/RPN and do not require daily reassessments by a physician.
- There are no substance abuse or psychiatric issues limiting the patient’s ability to participate in the program.