Patients having surgery at St. Joseph’s Hospital
Patients having day surgery
If you are having surgery and are expected to go home the same day, please limit the amount of personal belongings you bring with you to the hospital. Our storage space is limited.
- A locker with a lock will be provided for your belongings and the locker number will be noted on your chart.
- Please do not bring any jewellry, valuables, credit cards, driver’s license or cash.
- Please bring your Provincial Health Card.
Patients staying in hospital
Please bring your Provincial Health Care.
Please do not bring your belongings with you prior to surgery, your family/friend can bring them after you have been admitted to the inpatient unit.
Please do not bring any jewellry, valuables, cash or driver's license with you and only bring a credit card if you plan to purchase internet service.
Please pack only one small bag or suitcase containing:
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, shampoo/conditioner, shaving equipment, comb/brush, deodorant, Kleenex.
- All medications in their original containers.
- Robe, slippers with non-slip soles.
- Reading glasses, hearing aids, book to pass the time.
Leave room in your bag to add the clothes you wear to the hospital. Label your bag with your name.
If you are by yourself, we will take care of your bag for you.