- St. Joseph's received excellent results from the latest public safety indicators and infection rates published by the provincial government.
- On March 1, the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) website myhospitalcare.ca, began to publicly post new information rating the patient experience in Ontario hospitals. The site has since moved under Health Quality Ontario and focusing on various areas of clinical care, this information is meant to promote public access to easy-to-understand hospital performance information. I’m pleased to say that St. Joseph's acute inpatient care was rated better than average for overall care for 2008-09 and 2009-10. In addition, acute inpatient satisfaction with emotional support, information and education, and continuity and transition were rated above average for both years at St. Joseph’s. For Urgent Care, the overall quality of care was rated as better than average in 2009-10. All other dimensions (including areas such as complex care and rehabilitation) were rated as being similar to the average of Ontario hospitals.
- St. Joseph's will work to achieve the highest level of performance, transparency and accountability.
Transformational year for St. Joseph's
- During more than a decade of hospital restructuring and renewal in London, Ontario, St. Joseph’s Health Care, London has been immersed in redefining its role in the region’s integrated academic health system. At the same time we have been building on more than 130 years of compassionate care initiated by the Sisters of St. Joseph of London.
- From now until June, this quarter will be one of tremendous transformation as we bid farewell to cherished programs and staff, welcome new opportunities, and redefine who we are and what we will be.
- We are breaking ground on new mental health care buildings as we begin the journey to specialized mental health care. Learn more about the dawn of a new era in mental health care.
- We are building a new breast care centre - poised to significantly improve the care provided to women facing breast cancer in the London region as we prepare to open a dedicated breast care centre.
- In June the perinatal care program is moving to London Health Sciences Centre. We are honouring 120 years of births and care.
- During this long path of transformation, St. Joseph’s is emerging as one of the most unique academic hospital organizations in Canada with the responsibility to provide specialized care for people living with mental illness, the effects of aging, life threatening illness, injury, visual impairment and a broad spectrum of chronic conditions. From the youngest to the oldest, we play a vital role in the health and well-being of people throughout life’s journey.
What has not changed, however, is our commitment to excellent patient care – body, mind and spirit – innovation, teaching and discovery. With the ongoing support of our generous community, the dedication of our staff (including the receipients of the 2011 Sisters of St. Joseph's Awards for Excellence), physicians and volunteers, the journey continues. Because we all need St. Joseph’s.
As always, I welcome your feedback and ideas about the way St. Joseph's serves you. We are committed to the very best health care