Jun. 16, 2016
In alignment with St. Joseph’s mission, St. Joseph’s partners with Canadian Blood Services (CBS) to help minimize the effects of injury, disease and disability and build partnerships that create a better health care system.
Every year St. Joseph’s joins the Partners for Life program created by CBS to engage corporate companies and community organizations in donating blood on a larger scale. As a member of this program, St. Joseph’s demonstrates a commitment to saving lives by setting an annual target for blood donation and encouraging staff, volunteers and physicians to help us reach that target.
The need for blood is ongoing, and patients that are treated for cancer, surgery and trauma depend on a stable supply of blood year round. Partners for Life is a nationwide program designed for corporate and community organizations. As a member, St. Joseph’s will play an important role in increasing awareness for the need for blood and rally our staff, physicians and volunteers to make a strong and lasting commitment to blood donation.
During the summer months the need for blood is even greater. To help keep up with the demands of supply, St. Joseph’s participates in the Hospital Challenge. The goal for June and July – donate 225 units of blood on behalf of St. Joseph’s.
Want to help St. Joseph’s reach its goal?
St. Joseph’s will be hosting an Adopt a Clinic day at Canadian Blood Services (CBS) headquarters on June 20. This event will be open to all staff, physicians, volunteers, friends and family members. All are invited to book an appointment at CBS headquarters at 820 Wharncliffe Road South on this day between 3 pm to 7 pm to donate blood by calling 1 888 2 DONATE. Come show your spirit, save a life and be part of the St. Joseph’s team.
Whether you are a regular donor already or a blood donor-to-be, your donation can count towards the St. Joseph’s target. It's easy:
- Have our partner ID ready. The St. Joseph’s partner ID number is STJO012736. (Note, the first four digits are alpha, the last six are numeric.)
- Register online or manually at the blood donor clinic location. If you have previously donated blood, please have your donor card ready.
- Once registered, all your blood donations for the remainder of 2015 will count towards the St. Joseph's target.
- If you are unable to give blood, a family member or friend can give on your behalf with our ID number. On the registration form, the family member or friend simply fills in “no” when asked if they are an employee or member of the organization and then follows the prompts.
- Call 1 888 2 DONATE and book your appointment to give blood.
The Partner ID # below is used to link your blood donation to St. Joseph’s when registering on-line. Partner ID # STJO012736