What Type of Information Do We Collect About You?
To provide you with quality health care, we collect both personal and health information from you. Your name, date of birth, address, Health Card Number and extended health insurance numbers are examples of personal information. Your health history, the records of your visits to the hospital and what health care we provide to you during those visits are examples of your health information.
How Is Your Information Used?
The information we collect from you is used:
- To provide you with quality health care in our hospital and to share with those providing you care outside the hospital, e.g. your family physician, CCAC for your ongoing care in the community.
- To carry out quality assurance to help make us better.
- For patient satisfaction surveys to see how we are doing.
- For our patient directory so that we can provide your location in the hospital should your friends or family contact us and ask for you by name.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- For fundraising for equipment and facilities to provide you with the most modern health care services.
- For research to make us the best we can be and to help develop new treatment and technologies for the future.
- For education to keep current health care practitioners up to date and to train new health care practitioners for the future.
- To send appointment reminders to patients via telephone or by mail.
If your information were to be used for any other purpose, your specific permission would be required first.