- find contact info and directions
- search the phone directory
- find my Area of Care (program/service)
- find Urgent Care info
- view career info
- view volunteer info
- provide feedback
- send an e-card
- attend an event
- share my story
- find accessibility services
- find language or translation services
- learn about hospital restructuring
- read Vim & Vigour and learn about health information
- learn about research and education
- get health records
- learn about St. Joseph's health professionals
- view annual reports and financial statements
- make a donation
- visit the intranet (staff only)
- check my webmail (staff only)
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care
Our Rich History of Care
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care can trace its rich history of caring back to 1869 when the Sisters of St. Joseph founded the original Mount Hope. Today, the Centre (formerly St. Mary’s and Marian Villa) is home to 394 residents, representing a variety of cultures, beliefs, and ages.
While creating a home-like environment, Mount Hope is known for providing comprehensive long term care. There is a personalized program for each resident, encouraging participation in varied activities such as art therapy, gardening, local trips and sports activities.
Virtual Tour of Mount Hope
View a virtual tour of Mount Hope created by the South West Community Care Access Centre:
Mount Hope Resident Wandering System
Mount Hope has a resident wandering system to keep residents safe. Residents at risk of wandering wear a special bracelet which sets off an alarm if they are near a “secured” door that is open.
When you visit Mount Hope, if you are near a door when the alarm goes off, please do not open the door. A staff member will arrive shortly to cancel the alarm and re-open the door.