The Fitness Centre at Parkwood Institute is a fully accessible facility designed to assist adults with physical disabilities in their pursuit of an active lifestyle.
Physiotherapy staff, a therapeutic recreation specialist, and a team of volunteers work with members to help develop the skills needed to participate in community fitness programs and activities.
Fitness Centre: Programs and patients
The Fitness Centre at Parkwood Institute offers:
- Strength and exercise equipment which can be adapted for people with physical disabilities
- Seated aerobics classes
- Education on topics of physical fitness and healthy eating
- Weekly adapted yoga
- Weekly tai chi classes
- Information on fitness equipment and community resources
The centre is available to people with physical disabilities living in the community who:
- Have a disability which is limiting their participation in community activities
- Are able to learn and direct their own program, and
- Have the potential to access community-based resources
Membership is $25 per month.