Exploring the Fundamentals of Diabetes
St. Joseph’s Diabetes Education Centre Annual Spring Workshop
Who should attend?
- Any health care or community care provider who wants to learn about diabetes care (e.g., RNs, PSWs, NPs, RPNs, RDs, mental health workers, LTC workers & pharmacists).
- $65: includes breakfast, lunch, nutrition breaks & resource materials. Sorry, no refunds after May 15, 2020.
- Contact: Janine Mathyssen
- Phone: 519-646-6000 ext. 68208
0745 Registration & Breakfast
0830 Diabetes Medications: What is new and emerging? David Leeson, Pharmacist, CDE
0930 Obesity Physiology and Bariatric Surgery, Tayyab Khan MD, MPH, FRCP(C), Dip ABOM and Katrina Kermer BASc., RD
1030 Nutrition and Activity Break
1045 Diabetes Technology: pumps, sensors, reports, Valerie Lammers RD, CDE and Mary Biro RN , CDE
1245 Supportive Nutrition Counselling, Annie Kudirka RD, CDE and Andrea Langley RD, CDE
1330 Q&A Panel
1415 Nutrition and Activity Break
1430 Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes, Kate Gratton RN (EC), MN
1545 Checking and Injecting Workshop
*Presentations and handouts will be accessible online only*
Please register by May 15, 2020.
- Hellenic Community Centre
- North Room
- 133 Southdale Rd. W.
- London, Ontario