Falls Prevention and Injury Reduction
At St. Joseph’s Health Care London, your safety is important to us. We want you to have a safe visit.
You will see our Fall Prevention poster in outpatient and clinical areas across our organization.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. As patients, caregivers and visitors to St. Joseph’s, you can help us prevent falls.
We want you to have a safe visit. Let our staff know if you:
- have recently experienced a fall
- have difficulty with balance and walking
- are worried you might fall during your visit
If you are worried about a potential fall, St. Joseph’s has wheelchairs available for use during your visit.
How can you help prevent falls at St. Joseph’s?
St. Joseph’s need your help to identifying potential slips, trips or fall hazards to reduce and prevent possible injuries to our residents, patients, staff, volunteers and visitors.
Here’s how you can help
- If you see trip or slip hazards, please notify a St. Joseph’s staff member so we can ensure everyone’s safety.
- Review the falls prevention brochure for patients and families for strategies to support falls prevention at home or when coming into hospital.
Have you heard about ConnectCare?
Since 1987, ConnectCare has provided peace of mind for thousands of subscribers across Southwestern Ontario.
ConnectCare offers state-of-the-art technology allowing individuals to remain living safely and independently at home for as long as possible. With a simply press of a button, the ConnectCare medical alert system summons help when it´s needed most.
Connect Care is owned and operated by St. Joseph’s and based at Parkwood Institute, learn more