2015 conference presentations:
- Best practice recommendations for rich conversations with clients who know more than they can say
- Caring for self
- Detecting language difficulties in the office
- Drug treatments for anxiety disorders
- Ethics in the elderly - 50 shades of grey
- Evidence based update on Parkinson's disease and driving
- Hearing loss - evaluation and treatment
- How many pills is your elderly patient really taking?
- Improving therapeutic outcomes with personalized music
- Infection prevention and control in LTC
- Living losses - when what dies is inside of you
- Recognizing acute medical crises in compromised older adults
- Strategies for sexual health conversations with elders
- Top geriatric papers of 2014
London Convention Centre
300 York Street
Email Jennifer.Whytock@sjhc.london.on.ca for more information.
- This year the conference will feature one of the first few Canadian screenings of the documentary film "Alive Inside". After, special guest speaker Dan Cohen, the social worker featured in the stirring "Alive Inside" film - 2014 Sundance Film Festival Audience Award Winning documentary, will appear. He is also founder of the nonprofit organization Music & Memory. Watch the Alive Inside trailer below
- Back by popular demand Drs. Chris Brymer, David Tang-Wai and George Dresser will be presenting.
- Our Pharmacology expert, Luis Viana, will present the hot topic "Updates on Anti-psychotics"
Read past Geriatric Medicine Refresher Day newsletters: