A joint letter to our community
St. Joseph’s Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre have been partners in caring for the community for decades – long before we had formal agreements in place.
It’s well known that our health care system is under pressure to deliver care in new ways that meet the needs of our growing and aging population. London is the fourth fastest growing city in Canada and as health care partners in this region, we will always respond and evolve.
We are continuing to establish formal and informal agreements based on patient and health system needs, to benefit both organizations, our staff and physicians, our community and the region.
We are, and will continue, doing this critical work together.
Together, we will:
- Continue delivering care aligned to our mandates while working to stabilize the health care workforce and protect our current health care providers in their wellness and well-being
- Support our physicians and clinical teams in continuing to collaborate, share electronic health records, transfer patients across both organizations and beyond
- Continue to be there for our patients when they require urgent and emergent care
- Partner across the region working with the full spectrum of care. This includes long-term care, social services, specialized care such as cancer care, paediatric care, management of complex chronic diseases, mental health care and others in support of transitions for all people, at all stages of their lives
- Advance our unwavering commitment to research and innovation. We are working together with Western University to increase support for the exceptional research happening in our community. Our goal is to shine a light on our research institutes with the objective of increasing funding and solving the health care challenges of today and tomorrow
Together, we remain focused in our collaborative pursuit of excellence. You and your family count on us for exemplary care, world-class innovation and the education of tomorrow’s health care providers.
The fact is, we will always be partners in your care.
President and CEO
St. Joseph's Health Care London
Jackie Schleifer Taylor
President and CEO
London Health Sciences Centre