The fitness centre is a fully accessible facility designed to assist adults with physical disabilities in their pursuit of an active lifestyle.
Physiotherapy staff, a therapeutic recreation specialist, and a team of volunteers work with members to help develop the skills needed to participate in community fitness programs and activities.
The Fitness Centre offers:
- strength and exercise equipment which can be adapted for people with physical disabilities
- seated aerobics classes
- education on topics of physical fitness and healthy eating
- weekly adapted yoga
- weekly tai chi classes
- information on fitness equipment and community resources
The centre is available to people with physical disabilities living in the community who:
- have a disability which is limiting their participation in community activities
- are able to learn and direct their own program, and
- have the potential to access community-based resources
The centre operates Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 4-6 p.m. in the Physiotherapy Gym at Parkwood lnstitute's Main Building.
Membership is $25.00 per month.
Parkwood Fitness Centre
550 Wellington Road
London, Ontario N6C 4R3