Urgent Care Centre hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
If medical attention is required outside of the above hours, please go to the Emergency Department at University Hospital or Victoria Hospital.
The Urgent Care Centre is open 365 days a year and has on-site access to diagnostic imaging and laboratory services. Our Urgent Care team members are a highly-qualified group of professionals, including emergency physicians, registered nurses, registered practical nurses and clinical reception assistants. Together we provide a coordinated team approach that meets individual and family needs.
The Urgent Care Centre offers one-stop care for individuals of all ages who have a non-life-threatening illness or injury, including:
- Ear aches
- Eye problems
- Sprains and strains
- Broken bones
- Cuts that may need stitches
- Minor burns
- Nose and throat complaints
- Minor abdominal pain (nausea, vomiting, flu-like symptoms
- Any illness that cannot wait for your family physician and is unlikely to require a hospital admission.
Services NOT offered at the Urgent Care Centre are:
- Admission to hospital outside of St. Joseph’s specialty services.
- Care for patients requiring obstetrical, general surgery, cardiology, neurology and mental health care services. (see below)
- Continuing care for chronic conditions.
- Assessment of long term care residents.
- Prescription refills, including those for narcotics, are not routinely filled.
Be sure to go to the Emergency Department - NOT the Urgent Care Centre - if you are experiencing:
- Chest pain (heart attack, angina)
- Stroke or mini stroke
- Moderate to severe respiratory distress (shortness of breath, COPD or asthma attack)
- Severe abdomen/stomach pain (appendicitis, irritable bowel flare up, abdominal pain with fever)
- Any mental health issue
- Any obstetrical (pregnancy) complaints
- Any condition requiring blood transfusion
- Any medical or surgical emergency likely requiring admission to hospital
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, the following are options for care:
- Call 911 or contact Reach Out Crisis Response Line - Call 519 433-2023 or 1-866-963-2023 (Crisis response line and web chat available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, free and confidential)
- Go to CMHA's Mental Health and Addictions Crisis Centre located at 648 Huron Street in London ON, 519-434-9191 (Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Go to your nearest emergency department
- Contact your doctor
For more information:
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Urgent Care Centre
- Contact and directions for the Urgent Care Centre