Urgent Care Centre hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
If medical attention is required outside of the above hours, please go to the Emergency Department at University Hospital or Victoria Hospital.
The Urgent Care Centre is open 365 days a year and has on-site access to diagnostic imaging and laboratory services. Our Urgent Care team members are a highly-qualified group of professionals, including emergency physicians, registered nurses, registered practical nurses and clinical reception assistants. Together we provide a coordinated team approach that meets individual and family needs.
The Urgent Care Centre offers one-stop care for individuals of all ages who have a non-life-threatening illness or injury, including:
- Ear aches
- Eye problems
- Sprains and strains
- Broken bones
- Cuts that may need stitches
- Minor burns
- Nose and throat complaints
- Minor abdominal pain (nausea, vomiting, flu-like symptoms
- Any illness that cannot wait for your family physician and is unlikely to require a hospital admission.
Services NOT offered at the Urgent Care Centre are:
- Admission to hospital outside of St. Joseph’s specialty services.
- Care for patients requiring obstetrical, general surgery, cardiology, neurology and mental health care services.
- Continuing care for chronic conditions.
- Assessment of long term care residents.
- Prescription refills, including those for narcotics, are not routinely filled.
For more information:
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Urgent Care Centre
- Contact and directions for the Urgent Care Centre