Urgent Care Centre hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm*
Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm*
*The Urgent Care Centre may be required to close early if patient volumes are extremely high. This will ensure those already registered and waiting receive care in a safe and timely fashion.
If medical attention is required when the Urgent Care Centre is closed, please go to the Emergency Department at University Hospital or Victoria Hospital.
The Urgent Care Centre is open 365 days a year and has on-site access to diagnostic imaging and laboratory services. Our Urgent Care team members are a highly-qualified group of professionals, including emergency physicians, registered nurses, registered practical nurses and clinical reception assistants. Together we provide a coordinated team approach that meets individual and family needs.
The Urgent Care Centre offers one-stop care for individuals of all ages who have a non-life-threatening illness or injury, including:
- Ear aches
- Eye problems
- Sprains and strains
- Broken bones
- Cuts that may need stitches
- Minor burns
- Nose and throat complaints
- Minor abdominal pain (nausea, vomiting, flu-like symptoms
- Any illness that cannot wait for your family physician and is unlikely to require a hospital admission.
Services NOT offered at the Urgent Care Centre are:
- Admission to hospital outside of St. Joseph’s specialty services.
- Care for patients requiring obstetrical, general surgery, cardiology, neurology and mental health care services. (see below)
- Continuing care for chronic conditions.
- Assessment of long term care residents.
- Prescription refills, including those for narcotics, are not routinely filled.
Be sure to go to the Emergency Department - NOT the Urgent Care Centre - if you are experiencing:
- Chest pain (heart attack, angina)
- Stroke or mini stroke
- Moderate to severe respiratory distress (shortness of breath, COPD or asthma attack)
- Severe abdomen/stomach pain (appendicitis, irritable bowel flare up, abdominal pain with fever)
- Any mental health issue
- Any obstetrical (pregnancy) complaints
- Any condition requiring blood transfusion
- Any medical or surgical emergency likely requiring admission to hospital
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, the following are options for care:
- Call 911 or contact Reach Out Crisis Response Line - Call 519 433-2023 or 1-866-963-2023 (Crisis response line and web chat available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, free and confidential)
- Go to CMHA's Mental Health and Addictions Crisis Centre located at 648 Huron Street in London ON, 519-434-9191 (Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Go to your nearest emergency department
- Contact your doctor
For more information:
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Urgent Care Centre
- Contact and directions for the Urgent Care Centre