Medical Affairs provides a number of services to support the relationship of London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph's Health Care London to the Credentialed Professional Staff (physicians, dentists and midwives), Residents, Clinical Fellows, and secretarial support, such as:
- Provide Credentialed Professional Staff resources
- Medical Education
- Credentialing and Re-Appointments
- Discipline and Complaint Resolution
- Career Development and Planning (CDP)
- Administrative Coordination & Support
The Director of the department reports to senior medical leaders at each organization and members of the Medical Affairs team have city-wide responsibility. The Medical Affairs team works closely with the Medical Leaders, Hospital Administrative Leaders and Western University Canada (Western) Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry to achieve its mandate.