Registration and Orientation:
Incoming Residents/Clinical Fellows scheduled to start between May to August will have the hospital application package emailed to them in early May to their Western email account.
Information about hospital-provided courses, such as N95 and PowerChart, our electronic health records system, will be outlined within the hospital application package and Corporate ID document you receive in early mid-June.
The hospital application package will include a checklist outlining the mandatory hospital requirements. These mandatory requirements, along with approval from the Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) office at Western University, and the Medical Affairs office at the London Health Sciences Centre and the St. Joseph's Health Care London will confirm your start date to begin clinical activity.
Details on the mandatory requirements are outlined below:
- Hospital Appointment letter
- Canadian Medical Protective Agency (CMPA) Membership
- Online training and required eLearning
- Health Review and N95 Fit-Testing
- Documentation for Pay and Benefits
- Corporate ID, Hospital Email, Remote and System Access/Training
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Preparing for your first day: ID Badge, Parking, Dictation, Pager, Scrub Suits
To review and electronically sign the hospital appointment letter, you will need to sign into Schulich Medicine and Dentistry Hub. Please refer to the checklist of mandatory requirements that was issued with your hospital application package. Questions can be directed to @email.
To obtain membership, click HERE for further information.
Please forward CMPA membership to @email
Health Review and N95 Fit-Testing
Access the Health Screen Form and review requirements
- Privacy eLearning and Agreement - Login details to complete this training will be included with the hospital application package. Once you complete the Privacy eLearning, you will receive your hospital Corporate ID and password, which will enable access to the ME(MyEducation) learning management system.
- (ME) MyEducation learning management system - eLearning will be available via the ME system once you receive your Corporate ID details, and you have completed the Privacy eLearning and agreement. All residents and clinical fellows must ensure continued compliance at all times throughout the duration of their training appointment.
You are able to register for the next ACLS course through ME(MyEducation) once you have your corporate ID. YOU MUST REGISTER TO ATTEND. For July 1 starts registration will open early June when you get your ME document.
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING BLS CERTIFICATION
**NEW*** BLS is not included, must have a valid Heart and Stroke BLS certification before attending an ACLS course
BLS is not included in the ACLS courses, you must have a valid BLS certification before registering for an ACLS course.
If you are in need of a BLS certification, please see the BLS MAY schedule (outside provider, cost not covered)
Is ACLS required?
- Provider ACLS Course (2 days): Holding a valid ACLS is a mandatory requirement for all PGY 1 and PGY 2 residents (except residents in Paediatrics who will be required to obtain PALS). If you are a PGY 1 or PGY 2 resident and do not have a valid ACLS certification, please register for one of the Provider Courses offered in ME(MyEducation) (cost covered).
- Recertification Course: If you are a PGY 1 or 2 (no matter what department) you will need to recertify if your ACLS is about to expire (cost covered). Please register for one of the Recertification Courses offered in ME (MyEducation) (cost covered).
If you are a PGY3+ in the programs listed below, you will need to complete a Recertification Course if your ACLS is about to expire: or complete a Provider Course if you have already expired or never had ACLS (cost covered)
Critical Care Medicine
Obstetrics and Gynaecology (PGY 1-3 only)
Anesthesia (new July 2019)
Family Medicine - Enhanced Skills
For more information, once you have access to the hospital system and/or have received your corporate ID, login to view the Medical Affairs intranet*.
*Use Corporate ID sign-on or hospital network computer to access information.