Ivey Eye Institute
The Ivey Eye Institute is the main referral centre for eye disease in Western Ontario, located at St. Joseph's Hospital in London, Ontario.
What we do
- We provide quality medical and surgical eye care for our community and region.
- We train future eye care practitioners.
- We share our knowledge and understanding with our patients, students, and colleagues.
- We carry out research to advance the state of the art of eye disorders and disease management.
What we will be
- A respected source of excellent diagnostic, medical and surgical eye care, ophthalmic teaching and research.
- Our services will be guided by the people we serve through close working alliances in the community and across the continuum of eye care.
- Provision of services from prevention through screening and visual rehabilitation will assist individuals to preserve or regain their eye sight.
Who we serve
Patients come to the Ivey Eye Institute from as far east as the Niagara region, north to Sault Ste Marie and south to Essex County.
Referrals from around the world have been treated at the Ivey Eye Institute.
Ivey Eye Institute is a world leader in ophthalmology research with both clinical and basic science being conducted through Lawson Health Research Institute, the research institute of St. Joseph's.
Clinical research at Ivey Eye Institute provides patients with access to cutting-edge clinical trials for a number of conditions. Meanwhile, Lawson’s dedicated basic science laboratory focuses on the stress and rescue of eye cells, which are related to sight-threatening diseases like glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration. The research is conducted using a 'bench-to-bedside' approach with the goal of translating findings in the lab to treatments for patients with eye disease.
(please note that St. Joseph's Health Care, London does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.)