Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Program
At the Regional Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Centre, our team of specialized nurses, doctors and social workers provide care to people of any age, gender or sexual identity experiencing sexual assault and/or domestic violence living in Oxford, Elgin, Huron-Perth and Middlesex counties.
There is no cost to the patient/client.
People who have been assaulted may feel confused, ashamed, angry, numb, afraid, or anxious; these are common reactions. It takes time to regain a sense of control over your body and feelings.
People who have been assaulted are in no way responsible for the behavior of the offender.
- Emotional support and crisis intervention
- Physical examination
- Testing, prevention, and/or treatment of sexually transmitted infections initially, and in follow-up
- HIV prevention medication
- Testing and/or prevention of pregnancy due to sexual assault
- Documentation/photographs of injuries
- Forensic evidence collection
- Safety planning
- Referrals as needed
Forensic evidence can be stored anonymously for up to one year while you decide if you wish to involve the police.