Stroke: Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Program - How To Access
Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Program: Admission Criteria
Individuals must require a rehabilitation program from the service of one of the professional team members and meet the following criteria:
- Has specialized neurological treatment needs that cannot be met by community services
- Has potential for functional and/or neurological improvement and would benefit from a goal-oriented, time-limited rehabilitation program
- Rehabilitation goals must be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely
- Must have the ability to learn and incorporate self-management strategies to continue therapy in the home environment (caregiver support accepted)
- Must be medically stable and have sufficient tolerance to participate meaningfully in therapy sessions (travel to outpatient clinic included)
- Must have caregiver support for personal care while attending therapy sessions if required
- Must have reliable transportation
Exceptions will be assessed on an individual basis.
CORP cannot provide services for:
- Patients with orthopeadic injury or routine postoperative surgery
- Patients requiring intensive cognitive rehabilitation
- Patients with chronic pain
A referral form must be completed for the Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Program (CORP).
Referrals to the program come from inpatient settings and from the community.
Admissions are prioritized based on patients' needs and available program resources.
Referral forms can also be obtained by contacting:
Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Program
St. Joseph’s Health Care London
Parkwood lnstitute Main Building
P. O. Box 5777, STN B
London,ON N6A 4V2
Phone: 519 685-4000 ext. 45034
Fax: 519 685-4802