Stroke/Neurological Rehabilitation Program - How To Access
Referrals to the program come from acute care settings and from the community.
All referrals are carefully assessed by a nurse clinician and eligibility is based on meeting admission criteria.
Admissions are prioritized based on patient's needs and available program resources.
- Diagnosis of stroke/other neurological condition, excluding Spinal Cord Injury and Acquired Brain Injury
- Needs cannot be met with community services
- Potential for functional and/or neurological improvement
- Patient must be medically stable and have sufficient endurance to participate in various therapies
- Patient must require services of a professional interdisciplinary team
- Patient must have achievable rehabilitation goals
- Patient must be willing to participate in the program
- A discharge plan following rehabilitation must be in place prior to admission