The Breast Care Program of St. Joseph’s Health Care London offers comprehensive breast imaging, diagnostic and surgery services. In the fall of 2010, these services were consolidated at St. Joseph’s Hospital with the goal of improving access, coordination of care, education and support for those requiring breast care. The program brings together the dynamic, interdisciplinary breast care team of surgeons, radiologists, medical radiation technologists, nurse navigators, advanced practice nurses, social workers, spiritual care providers and others in a setting that nurtures and support seamless, innovative care for patients focused on individualized care needs, and collaboration among care providers focused on the best in care, teaching and research.
The unique, specially-designed Norton and Lucille Wolf Breast Care Centre is the main hub of St. Joseph’s Breast Care Program. Patients referred to the program are seen at this centre.
The Breast Care Program, including the Norton and Lucille Wolf Breast Care Centre, are part of a large partnership initiative to improve the overall journey of breast care in London.
Radiation therapy and chemotherapy remains at the London Regional Cancer Program of London Health Sciences Centre.
Here’s what breast care patients can expect at St. Joseph's:
- Efficient and convenient care. Women referred to breast assessment are prioritized so that they can receive necessary imaging and breast biopsy in one day
- Streamlined care from the time an abnormality is found to treatment and follow up. Patients will be supported by an expert team, which includes nurse navigators, that will coordinate all care from the time a woman first comes in for breast assessment through the entire care journey
- Equitable service for patients requiring breast care and consistent education and support through their entire care journey
- Access for all women to digital imaging, which is proven to increase cancer detection
- Expert diagnostic services
- The best in surgery
- Follow-up care, including surveillance and support
Save the Date: Breast Recostruction Awareness Day 2016 - Oct. 19