NOTE: The hospital application package has been emailed to incoming Residents/Clinical Fellows starting between June - October.
Information about hospital provided courses, such as ACLS, N95, and EHR were outlined within the hospital application package and Corporate ID Document
Resident Orientation Day will be held June 29, 2018
Please see the agenda
The hospital application package will include a checklist outlining the mandatory hospital requirements. These mandatory requirements, along with approval from the Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) office and the Medical Affairs office will confirm your start date to begin clinical activity.
Details on the mandatory requirements are outlined below
- Hospital Appointment letter
- Canadian Medical Protective Agency (CMPA) Membership
- Complete eLearning
- Health Review with Occupational Health and Safety Department
- Documentation for Pay and Benefits
- Corporate Account, Hospital Email, Wireless and Remote Access
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- N95 Fit-Testing
- Electronic Health Record training
- Getting Started in the hospital: ID Badge, Parking, Dictation, Pager, Scrub Suits
Sign and return both page 1 and 2 of your Hospital Appointment lette to Medical Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Hospital Appointment letter is contained in your hospital application package which will be emailed from Medical Affairs.
To obtain membership, click HERE for further information.
Please forward CMPA membership to Medical Affairs.
- Privacy and Confidentiality - Login details to complete this training will be included with the hospital application package.
- eLearning in (ME)MyEducation learning management system - eLearing will be available once you have access to the hospital system and/or have received your corporate ID.
A variety of elearning is required to be completed in the ME(MyEducation) Learning Management System. ME is a learning management system used by Residents and Clinical Fellows. ME features a robust, continuously expanding catalogue of elearning modules which are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This system not only allows you to access your corporate mandatory elearning (Certifications), but also provides you the opportunity to register for various in class training sessions such as Electronic Health Records, view optional elearning courses, and print a record of your learning.
- FirstNet - To be completed prior to any Emergency Medicine rotations. Module is not compatible with MAC/browsers, Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 9.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - more information about ACLS requirements and specific New Trainee course dates will be in your hospital package
Once you have access to the hospital system and/or have received your corporate ID you will be able to register for the next ACLS course through ME(MyEducation)
PGY1 and PGY2
- Provider ACLS Course (2 days): Holding a valid ACLS is a mandatory requirement for all PGY 1 and PGY 2 Residents (except Residents in Paediatrics who will be required to obtain PALS). If you are a PGY 1 or PGY 2 Resident and do not have a valid ACLS certification, please register for one of the Provider Courses offered in ME(MyEducation) (cost covered)
- Recertification Course: If you are a PGY 1 or 2 (no matter what department) you will need to recertify if your ACLS is about to expire. (cost covered)
If you are a PGY3+ in the programs listed below, you will need to complete a Recertification Course if your ACLS is about to expire: or complete a Provider Course if you have already expired or never had ACLS (cost covered)
· Internal Medicine
· Critical Care Medicine
· Obstetrics and Gynaecology (PGY 1-3 only)
· Emergency Medicine
· Geriatric Medicine
· Nuclear Medicine
· Dentistry (OMFS)
· Radiation Oncology
· Family Medicine -Enhanced Skills
Once you have a Corporate ID, sessions can be viewed and registered for through ME(MyEducation)
You will be required to obtain N95 Respirator Fit-Testing certification.
This mandatory training must be complete PRIOR to starting and consists of 2 parts:
- eLearning module
- In class session
ATTENTION 2018 PGY1 Residents: Please click here to read the letter of information for the EHR Research Study.
Once you have access to ME(MyEducation) , you can log on to compelte the eLearning component and at the end of the learning you will have the opportunity to register for the in class session.
Further EHR training information will be outlined in the hospital application package.
After completing the above requirements, go to Next: Getting Started