Registration and Orientation:
Incoming Residents/Clinical Fellows who start between June - August; The hospital application package will be emailed early April.
Information about hospital provided courses, such as ACLS, N95, and the Electronic Health Record (EHR) will be outlined within the hospital application package and Corporate ID document you receive early June.
2019 Resident Orientation Day will be held June 28, 2019 at University Hospital
The hospital application package will include a checklist outlining the mandatory hospital requirements. These mandatory requirements, along with approval from the Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) office and the Medical Affairs office will confirm your start date to begin clinical activity.
Details on the mandatory requirements are outlined below
- Hospital Appointment letter
- Canadian Medical Protective Agency (CMPA) Membership
- Complete eLearning
- Health Review with Occupational Health and Safety Department
- Documentation for Pay and Benefits
- Corporate Account, Hospital Email, Wireless and Remote Access
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- N95 Fit-Testing
- Electronic Health Record Training and PACS Access
- Getting Started in the Hospital: ID Badge, Parking, Dictation, Pager, Scrub Suits
To review and electronically sign the hospital appointment letter, you will need to sign into Single Sign-On (SSO). Please refer to the checklist of mandatory requirements that was issued with your hospital application package. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
To obtain membership, click HERE for further information.
Please forward CMPA membership to Medical Affairs.
Health Review with Occupational Health and Safety Department
Click here for the Health Screen form and review requirements
- Privacy and Confidentiality - Login details to complete this training will be included with the hospital application package.
- eLearning in (ME)MyEducation learning management system - eLearning will be available once you have access to the hospital system and/or have received your Corporate ID.
A variety of elearning is required to be completed in the ME(MyEducation) Learning Management System. ME is a learning management system used by Residents and Clinical Fellows. ME features a robust, continuously expanding catalogue of elearning modules which are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This system not only allows you to access your corporate mandatory elearning (Certifications), but also provides you the opportunity to register for various in class training sessions such as Electronic Health Records, view optional elearning courses, and print a record of your learning.
- FirstNet - To be completed prior to any Emergency Medicine rotations.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - more information about ACLS requirements and specific New Trainee course dates will be in your hospital package
Once you have access to the hospital system and/or have received your corporate ID you will be able to register for the next ACLS course through ME(MyEducation). YOU MUST REGISTER TO ATTEND.
The course specifically for incomgin PGY1's has been confirmed for June 24/25 - you can registere in ME the learning system once you get your corporate ID. London ACLS will offer courses monthly going forward you can also register for through ME.
Please do not register directly with London ACLS unless you are paying for the course yourself.
IS ACLS REQUIRED???
- Provider ACLS Course (2 days): Holding a valid ACLS is a mandatory requirement for all PGY 1 and PGY 2 Residents (except Residents in Paediatrics who will be required to obtain PALS). If you are a PGY 1 or PGY 2 Resident and do not have a valid ACLS certification, please register for one of the Provider Courses offered in ME(MyEducation) (cost covered)
- Recertification Course: If you are a PGY 1 or 2 (no matter what department) you will need to recertify if your ACLS is about to expire (cost covered).
If you are a PGY3+ in the programs listed below, you will need to complete a Recertification Course if your ACLS is about to expire: or complete a Provider Course if you have already expired or never had ACLS (cost covered)
· Internal Medicine
· Critical Care Medicine
· Obstetrics and Gynaecology (PGY 1-3 only)
· Emergency Medicine
· Geriatric Medicine
· Nuclear Medicine
· Anesthesia (new July 2019)
· Dentistry (OMFS)
· Radiation Oncology
· Family Medicine -Enhanced Skills
N95 Respirator Fit-Testing
Once you have a Corporate ID, sessions can be viewed and registered for through ME(MyEducation)
You will be required to obtain N95 Respirator Fit-Testing certification if you don't already hold a valid mask fit card with a mask type carried by LHSC and St Joseph's (see Health Review).
This mandatory training must be complete PRIOR to starting and consists of 2 parts:
- eLearning module
- In class session
Once you have access to ME(MyEducation), you can log on to complete the eLearning component and at the end of the learning you will have the opportunity to register for the in class session.
Further EHR training information will be outlined in the hospital application package.
Instructions for your PACS access will be sent to your hosptial email. PACS is automatically added for all residents except those in Family Medicine, Dentistry, Psychiatry, Otolaryngology and Ophthalmology. If you are in these programs and require PACS please call the PACS helpline direct x35588 or x55043
After completing the above requirements, go to Next: Getting Started