The Rheumatology Centre at St. Joseph’s Hospital is an outpatient facility specializing in the research and treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory conditions that commonly affect the body’s musculoskeletal system (bones, joints, tendons). Rheumatic diseases are also well known to affect other body systems including major organs, skin, nerves and blood vessels.
St Joseph’s Health Care London is privileged to have a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team to diagnose and treat both common and rare rheumatic disease (osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, inflammatory myositis, systemic sclerosis, vasculitis).
Physicians and staff of the Rheumatology Centre are involved in clinical care, education, and research and collaborate closely with colleagues in other medical specialties knowing the multi-system nature of rheumatic disease.
Our clinic offers:
- Expert diagnosis and treatment with specialist rheumatologists
- Subspecialty clinics for vasculitis, myositis, lupus, scleroderma, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis
- Combined onsite clinics with rheumatology and neurology, nephrology and orthopaedic surgery for certain rheumatic conditions
- Clinical trials and other research from bench to bedside
- Infusion clinic for administering advanced therapies in rheumatology
- Joint and tendon injection clinics
- Pharmacy education, medication review, adherence program, smoking cessation
- Physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Clinical psychology resources for pain management, mindfulness meditation, and depression
- As an academic centre, medical trainees at all levels, including specialty rheumatology residents and family medicine residents with a focus in rheumatology, are part of the care team.
Leading-edge medical treatment
The goals of the multi-disciplinary team are to:
- Reduce and/or prevent pain, disability and joint damage
- Teach patients skills that will help them live active and satisfying lives
The Rheumatology Centre provides:
- Leading-edge medical treatment through our Rheumatology Clinic
- Research to enhance medical knowledge and patient care