Rheumatology Centre - Services
The Rheumatology Clinic is a referral centre for individuals from across Southwestern Ontario who have rheumatic diseases. The goal of treatment for many chronic rheumatic diseases is to reduce inflammation, control symptoms, prevent organ damage, and ultimately allow our patients to live active and satisfying lives. We want to work with you in this endeavor.
The Rheumatology Clinic team provides care for people with autoimmune and inflammatory conditions that commonly affect the body’s musculoskeletal system (bones, joints, tendons). Rheumatic diseases are also well known to affect other body systems including major organs, skin, nerves and blood vessels. Some of these conditions include: rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and other seronegative arthritis, reactive arthritis, gout, scleroderma, lupus, Sjogren’s syndrome, other connective tissue diseases, polymyalgia rheumatica, giant cell arteritis, polymyositis, and various types of vasculitis.
In collaboration with The Arthritis Society, we also provide outreach services to patients, physicians and allied health professionals both within and outside of the London/Middlesex area. Patients and their physicians can refer individuals with arthritis to The Arthritis Society.
Rheumatology: Subspecialty and Research Clinics
Most of our rheumatologists accept referrals for general rheumatology problems. We also conduct some subspecialized multidisciplinary clinics in the following areas:
- Myositis multidisciplinary clinic (with neurology)
- Osteoarthritis clinical trials clinic
- Osteoarthritis multidisciplinary alignment clinic (with orthopaedic surgery)
- Psoriatic arthritis research clinic
- Scleroderma research clinic
- Spondylitis research clinic
- Systemic lupus erythematosus research clinic
- Transitional paediatric to adult rheumatology care clinic (located at London Health Sciences Victoria Hospital)
- Vasculitis multidisplinary clinic (with nephrology and neurology)