Rheumatology Centre - How To Access
Patients require a referral form a family physician or specialist to be seen at the Rheumatology Centre.
Information for Referring Physicians
The rheumatologists at St. Joseph’s Health Care London all see general rheumatology referrals. We appreciate you providing us detailed information regarding your patient’s symptoms. Screening rheumatology immunology labs (eg. ANA/RF) are not necessary unless clinically indicated.
In order to provide exceptional care to your patients we:
- fast-track urgent referrals
- internally redistribute referrals to meet with various subspecialty expertise (see below) and to ensure timely booking of referrals
- offer subspecialty clinics (early rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, scleroderma, vasculitis, myositis, osteoarthritis) as well as multidisciplinary clinics (myositis, vasculitis)
- conduct research and clinical trials to provide innovative and accessible patient care
- inject joints, and tendonitis, bursitis
Please note that we do not see fibromyalgia, mechanical back pain, chronic non-inflammatory pain.
If your referral is for inflammatory arthritis, please use the Rheumatology Centre referral form.
If your referral is to the interdisciplinary vasculitis clinic, please use the Vasculitis Clinic referral form.
|Tom Appleton||519 646-6406||Early knee OA, general rheumatology|
|Lillian Barra||519 646-6072||Vasculitis|
|Pari Basharat||519 646-6305||Myositis, general rheumatology|
|Tristan Boyd||519 646-6118||Psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, general rheumatology|
|Sara Haig||519 646-6407||General Rheumatology|
|Janet Pope||519 646-6334||Scleroderma, SLE, early RA, general rheumatology|
|Gina Rohekar||519 646-6348||General rheumatology|
|Sherry Rohekar||519 646-6221||Psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, general rheumatology|
To refer a patient to the interdisciplinary vasculitis clinic: please complete and fax referral to 519-646-6072. If patient is an inpatient or requires urgent assessment, please contact the Rheumatology Clinic at 519 646-6100 ext. 66333.