St. Joseph's Board of Directors
A Message from the Chair
Jonathan is the Senior Investment Advisor with BMO Nesbitt Burns. Starting with Nesbitt Burns in 2002, he has built a successful practice providing investment management and financial planning services to a varied client base across Southwestern Ontario. Jonathan is a graduate of Wilfrid Laurier University with a BA in psychology. Jonathan received his Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM) designation in 2010, his Chartered Investment Manager (CIM) designation in 2012, and his Portfolio Manager designation in 2014. In addition to day to day work with clients, Jonathan is Past-Chair of the IA Advisory Council at BMO Nesbitt Burns. This national council of 16 advisors meets quarterly with senior leadership to collaboratively advance the strategic agenda of BMO Nesbitt Burns and represent the 1000+ advisors who work at BMO Nesbitt Burns. In 2021, Jonathan was honoured to be named as one of Canada’s Top Wealth Advisors in the inaugural Globe and Mail ranking of the country’s most effective financial advisors.
Recognizing that volunteering is integral to a vibrant community, Jonathan has been active with several organizations. Jonathan has volunteered with St. Joseph’s since 2011, starting on the Finance / Resource Planning and Audit Committee (RPAC) eventually serving as Chair of that committee. During that time he also served as Chair of the Investment Subcommittee of RPAC and Chair of the Lawson Health Research Institute Finance and Investment Committee. Jonathan previously volunteered on the McCormick Home Foundation board and was Chair from 2007-2009. Jonathan currently serves as Chair of the Board at St. Joseph’s Health Care London. Jonathan and his wife Elizabeth are kept busy with their three daughter’s competitive dance and hockey activities. They spend as much time as possible outside enjoying skiing, hiking, canoeing and camping.
Chair, Board of Directors
Join the Board
St. Joseph's Health Care London's Board of Directors is comprised of 23 directors with a range of health care, business, and community service experience.
- At least 1 member of the clergy from the Catholic Diocese (because we are a faith-based organization);
- The Dean of the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry (because of our affiliation with The University of Western Ontario);
- The Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences (because of our affiliation with The University of Western Ontario);
- 3 members of the medical staff (as per the Ontario Public Hospitals Act);
- Chief Nurse Executive (as per the Excellent Care for All Act 2010);
- Representative of the St. Joseph's Health Care Foundation;
- Representative of the St. Joseph's Health Care Society;
- St. Joseph's President and CEO; with the balance of the Directors selected from Board committees.
When a member leaves our Board after their term, which is a maximum of six years, the Nominating Subcommittee looks for a replacement with a similar set of skills and/or additional skills and backgrounds to round out the Board complement.
Candidates are typically drawn from the Board's Committee Members who have spent several years participating and learning about St. Joseph's and the various health care services it provides to the community (see St. Joseph’s Board governance structure). A candidate's ability to give a significant amount of volunteer time and their level of commitment to the organization are important factors in the selection process.
Once the Nominating Subcommittee identifies potential candidates, their biographies are given to our owners, St. Joseph's Health Care Society. The Society is kept up-to-date throughout the nominating process, since it ultimately approves new Board Directors at its annual meeting of the members.
For more information, please contact the Office of the Board Chair at 519-646-6100 x.64202 or via email to Terri-Lynn Cook, Executive Assistant.
Regular meetings of the St. Joseph's Health Care London Board of Directors ("Board") are traditionally held on the last Monday of the month.
The public and staff are welcome to observe the open portion of the Board’s meetings to:
- facilitate the conduct of the Board’s business in an open and transparent manner;
- ensure the corporation maintains a close relationship with the public, the media and stakeholder groups; and
- generate trust and accountability.
If you are interested in attending the Board of Directors meeting, please notify Terri-Lynn Cook by telephone 24 hours in advance of the meeting at 519-646-6100 ext 64202 or email @email. Anyone who attends a Board meeting without providing required notice may be asked to leave at the request of the Chair.
Conduct During a Board Meeting
- Scheduled attendees/guests will have observer status, meaning that they may not provide comments or questions during the meeting, unless requested by the Board Chair.
- Recording, videotaping and/or photography are prohibited. All cell phones and other electronic devices shall be put on silent.
- Anyone who is disruptive to the proceedings will be asked to leave and may be prohibited from attending future meetings.
- In the event that the scheduled attendees/guests have questions arising from the Board meeting, the Board Chair and/or Chief Executive Officer will be available upon request to address queries after the meeting.
Agendas for the open portion of the Board’s meetings will be posted on St. Joseph’s public website five (5) days in advance of each meeting (supporting materials to the agenda are only provided to Directors of the Corporation and members of St. Joseph’s Senior Leadership Team). Please refer to each posted agenda for the scheduled time that the meeting will be called to order and the noted list of upcoming meetings provided below.
Schedule of upcoming meetings
- February 27, 2023
- March 27, 2023
- April 24, 2023
- May 29, 2023
- June 21, 2023
Past meeting minutes
- Board Minutes Apr. 25, 2022
- Board Minutes Mar. 28, 2022
- Board Minutes Feb. 28, 2022
- Board Minutes Jan. 31, 2022
- Board Minutes Nov. 29, 2021
- Board Minutes Oct. 25, 2021
- Board Minutes Sep. 27, 2021
- Board Minutes June 28, 2021
CEO Report to the Board
CEO Report to the Board
Our Commitment to Partnership
St. Joseph’s Health Care London is committed to partnership, collaboration and system integration for the people we serve across our community, our region and beyond. To do this, we rely on a variety of service models with an overarching goal to ensure strong and collaborative relationships with our regional health care and academic partners.
As outlined in our strategic plan, we will also continue to purposefully partner with patients, residents, and family caregivers in their direct care, the design of our programs and services, and our advocacy efforts. We will be a leading example of patient, resident, and family caregiver partnerships focused on improved patient experience and outcomes.