St. Joseph's Health Care acknowledges the central role that families, support persons and visitors play in the health and well-being of patients. Your participation in care is welcomed and encouraged.
Policies related to the presence of families, support persons and visitors are focused on achieving a balance between the support provided by the presence of family and support persons, the need for communication between the care team and patient's family/support persons and the safety and well being of other patients and staff.
- Persons who are feeling unwell (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, skin rash, vomiting or diarrhea within the last 48 hours) are discouraged from visiting.
- Patients who are critically ill, receiving end of life care or parents who have experienced loss related to pregnancy or childbirth may have unlimited visitors during their hospital stay.
- Children are welcome as visitors when a responsible adult accompanies them.
- One visitor at a time may accompany the patient in the treatment area.
- Two visitors at a time may accompany a child 16 years and under in the treatment area.
- Visitors will be asked not to accompany patients who are in the respiratory isolation treatment area.
- Day Surgery patients may have two people accompany but only one may be at the bedside at any time. Two visitors at any time may accompany a child under 16.
- Outpatient clinics may have two persons accompany the patient.
Family and friends play an important role in the healing process of patients.
- General visiting hours are 9:00 am to 9:00 pm daily.
- No more than two visitors are recommended at a time. Others should wait in the general hospital waiting areas.
- Children are welcome to visit when accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Outside regular visiting hours, one support person may be allowed to be present with their family member who is a patient. Special visitation needs of each patient will be assessed and accommodated at the discretion of staff.
- Special visitation needs of each patient will be assessed and accommodated at the discretion of staff.
Regular visiting hours
Monday to Saturday visitors may go directly to the inpatient unit located in Zone B, level 6.
All visitors for patients staying at St. Joseph's Hospital on the weekend (Saturday evening to Monday morning at 7 am) are required to report to our Admitting Department in Zone C, Level 1, C1-300 prior to each visit.
People visiting after hours please go to Grosvenor Entrance 2 and use the buzzer to contact security to gain access.
Access to St. Joseph’s Hospital:
Monday to Friday 5:30 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday 6 am to 4 pm
Grosvenor Entrance 2
Monday to Friday 5:30 am to 6 pm
Saturday, Sunday and holidays 7:30 am to 4 pm